Saturday, May 10, 2008

History of Medicine Division : Turning The Pages

I keep getting amazed about the great resources, exhibitions, games and other interactive information that is available of the websites of the National Library of Medicine (NLM).
This week I did look at the wonderful exhibitions and projects of the History of Medicine Division.
The current exhibition in the NLM Rotunda is called Against the Odds: Making a Difference in Global Health.
And I also found a project called Turning the Pages (TTP) . "At the Turning the Pages kiosk in the History of Medicine Reading Room cloak room, visitors can "turn the pages" of Elizabeth Blackwell's A Curious Herbal, a beautifully illustrated 18th century book of medicinal plants. You can also veiw the online version of Turning the Pages. "
I just could not stop myself trying to implement these books in the NLM Toolbar.
Here is how this looks right now:

No comments: