How to make a widget from -for instance- your library catalogue?
See The Movie!
Here is a case report, step by step, on the case of the Library Catalogue of http://www.bj.uj.edu.pl/uj
- At the Library of the Institute of Public Health, Faculty of Health Care, they have a library toolbar that already includes this Catalogue Search. Have a look at: http://bibliotekaizp.ourtoolbar.com/
- This Toolbar includes 8 different (library) search engines, including the Catalogue.
- Use the Conduit Toolbar ID to create a html page with a search box
- Use a default test html-page, like this PubMed-page
- Make it suitable for the Catalogue Search as Netvibes UWA.
- Find a host for the html/xml webpage
- Submit a New Widget to Netvibes.
See the rest of the info at: LIBRARYTOOLBAR.BLOGSPOT.COM
OR ... watch the movie.