Sunday, January 13, 2008

Netvibes Universal Widget API : finally

I finally set myself in converting some of my Netvibes "old" miniapi's into the Netvibes Universal API (UWA).
Main motivation: make them platform-independent.
I have submitted two widgets, and according to Netvibes it will take 2 days before they come available for the public....
But when they do they can be added to:And they promise that SOON they will expand this -by use of the SOCIAL APIs - to the Social Networks that matter. Netvibes is opensocial launch partner.

Add to NetvibesSee the LiveTrix Search Box
Add to NetvibesSee the MedlinePlus Search Box!

Therefore I decides to add them, as showcase to my Universe, www.netvibes.com/digicmb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am curious why you use netvibes? Have you tried any other platforms. I have used Clearspring, and their launchpad for a while now, and love it. I highly suggest you test it out. It has great implementation.
Registration is free of course and takes like 10 seconds.
http://www.clearspring.com/

digicmb said...

Read this:
http://www.bspcn.com/2008/01/10/top-10-underhyped-webapps/
When Lifehacker alum Rick Broida ran his start page showdown, Netvibes was the clear winner. Set up your web dashboard at Netvibes, a sleek, drag and drop, customizable start page that gets all your crucial information in one place the moment you launch your browser. Here are a few ways to trick out your Netvibes.