Monday, August 21, 2006

Back from Spain and on the road again to TICER

After a refreshing holiday in Spain I'll be off to the Ticer's Digital Libraries à la Carte: New Choices for the Future 2006. The 4 modules this year are:

  • Technological developments: Threats and opportunities for libraries
  • Hands-on: Library 2.0 technologies to reach out to the customer
  • Libraries supporting research and Open Access
  • Libraries and teaching and learning

I am going to attend the first two and colleagues of me will visit the 3rd and 4th module. That way we have covered the complete programme! If any special will come up, I will post about it.

I am looking forward in seeing Jenny Levine (The Shifted Librarian) again. She took Michael Stephens (Tame The Web) with her and I hope to have the opportunity to talk to them about "reaching out to the customer" & libraries and gaming in general & the Second Life Library project in particular!

Categories: , ,

No comments: