Friday, November 16, 2007

Virtual Worlds, Real Libraries : NVB 2007 presentation

My presentation about "Virtuele Werelden, echte bibliotheken"at the NVB annual meeting is online at Slideshare. To give some more info about this exciting subject ;-) here are a few other publications:
  • Kamel Boulos MN, Hetherington L, Wheeler S. Second Life: an overview of the potential of 3D virtual worlds in medical and health education. Health Information and Libraries Journal 2007;24(4):233–245 http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/HIR [indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE](soon published, but if you need a copy let me know!)
  • Or: Get your Consumer Health Information from an Avatar! Health and Medical Related Activities in a Virtual Environment . http://www.bm.cm-uj.krakow.pl/eahil/proceedings/oral/vanB... This paper can be also regarded as the FULLTEXT paper for my Dutch presentation yesterday. I just did not have the time to translate it into Dutch. Sorry! I will make an official NVB version, but it still will be in english.
  • Read this great article in today's Washington Post about many of the great things going on in Second Life and a picture of the accessibility center at HealthInfo Island. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007...

2 comments:

MK said...

Hello, I would love to get my hands on the publication "Second Life: an overview of the potential of 3D virtual worlds in medical and health education". I am doing a a study myself on the therapeutic potential of Second Life.

How would I got about reading it?

Thank you!

digicmb said...

You could follow the link while you are inside an institution that has a subscription on that journal, or you could write the author for a request, or you can leave you email and we talk more about your research and ours ...
Guus