I am still looking for a good answer for the widgets tracking, because Netvibes is not offering tracking of individual widgets at this time, and I haven't heard any talk about it.
So for this, we can only see the downloads from the eco.netvibes.com or widgetbox.com sites.
(Google is offering -for their own gadgets- a manual for gadget tracking.
Maybe some geek can/did try and mash this up to make it work for other widgets ...?)
I DID find a way to keep track of the use of the Public pages!
- Create a Google Analytics account
- Add a website profile for the Netvibes Universe (i.e. http://www.netvibes.com/digicmb). This only works if you use the for the basic url.
- If you put the Google Analytics code (make sure you use the Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js) and not the other one)
- Copy the Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js) code into a new html widget in the first Tab van your Public Page (via Add content; Essential Widgets; HTML
- Nothing else is needed in that widget. You can change the title, but that's all. Nothing will show in the widget.
- Google Analytics will recognise that the code is installed and will start.
- I found out it actually also tracks use of the other pages ánd widgets, but it lists them in such a terrible way (with internal codes and widget ids, instead of just the title of the tab or widgets) that is absolutely useless.