|Love padlocks bridge in Cologne with the Dom|
This week I was in Cologne, Germany in the German National Library of Medicine, the ZB MED, the second largest medical library of the world. The "ZB MED is the Federal Republic of Germany's central specialist library of medicine, health, nutrition, the environment, and agriculture, and was founded in 1969.
I was asked to perform a consultation together with team leaders and the director Ulrich Korwitz.
We did spend almost a whole day discussing their new Strategic plans for 2010-2012, including marketing and PR. The slides of my morning session are available here.
The ZB Med has developed a wide range of interesting quality resources and services over the years.
- the Document delivery service
- The MEDPILOT : unique medical information portal and search engine using semantic techniques which enables multiple languages as input and quality matching with key concepts, facetting, combined with ordering service and literature search agent. MEDPILOT covers a a wide range of quality medical databases, resources and Catalogues, available for discovery and federated searching, based on the Morphosaurus project
- The GREENPILOT: Nutritional, environmental and agricultural information portal
with integrated ordering component
- ElliNET: archive of relevant electronic publications on Medicine, Health, Nutrition, Environment and Agriculture
- GMS: German Medical Science is the Open Access portal for online journal, Conferences and Proceedings from the scope of Medicine for everybody working on or for scientific publications
- Specialist Information Portals on Medicine, Health, Nutrition, Environment and Agriculture
- the ZB Med is an important part(ner) in the national science platform GOPORTIS
- EYEMOVIEPEDIA: The portal eyeMoviePedia offers all scientists from the field of Ophthalmology the possibility to publish their films online.
- And soon (hopefully somewhere next week Dec 13-17 2010) to follow a brand-new WEBSITE with social media and personal start-page features
- They also participate in organizing Conferences like the "Open Access - Open Data" Conference http://www.oaod2010.de/ on December 13 - 14, 2010
Be sure to follow that on twitter via hashtag: #OAOD2010
You can follow them on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Flick. Find those links on the search widget!